Thứ Hai, 28 tháng 3, 2011

Making fabric flower p1

Supplies:
A few stems of flowers
Hot glue gun
Scrap-booking brads
Feathers, buttons and tulle
1.  Reconstruct the flower.
  
Pull a couple of flowers off the stem.
Take off the plastic on the bottom, and remove the center to the flowers.
Stack your petals to create the new flower.  Each of flowers from the dollar store had two or three layers.  I combined five layers to create a fuller flower.
When you have the fullness you want, push your brad down the center holes.
Now bend the prongs back.
The center hole, on some of my flowers, was a little too big for my small brads.
To remedy the situation, I cut a small piece of fabric and set it on top of the first layer.


2.  Now let's add a little pizazz to the silk flowers.

For the magnolia, I wanted to add a few layers of torn tulle between the petals.
I grabbed a 10" square of gold tulle and ripped in into four pieces.
As I layered my petals I added a few pieces of tulle here and there.  
I love the look of this flower.  

I had the perfect color feathers to match my orange-red lotus blossom.
I trimmed up three feathers to be just about the length of the petals from the center of the flower.
I slowly, and softly, ran the feathers on the side of my scissors to give it some curl.  Like curling ribbon, take the feather over the scissors from the bottom to the tip.
Now add a dab of hot glue under the second or third layer.  Set the base of the feather in the hot glue.
I looked at the flower and divided it into thirds.  I glued my feathers one in each third.

 For the last flower I simply hot glued a sparkly button in the center.


Check back tomorrow and I will show you what we did with our three new flowers!

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét