Thứ Hai, 28 tháng 3, 2011

Making fabirc flowers p2

some simple ideas to use those new flowers.

1.  Flower Headband

Grab a plain plastic headband that's just lying around you bathroom.
Cut out a small heart from an old t-shirt.
I think hearts are easier to cut.  My circles never come out round.
Decide on the placement of your flower.  Add some hot glue to the back 
of the flower and set you headband on top.  Use your fabric heart
to cover up the glue.  I added a little more glue around the edges of the heart to hold it down.
Now hand your new headband off to someone and let them check it out in front of the mirror.  

2.  Flower Brooch

I cut out a small heart to cover the base of my flower.
Hot glue the heart to the flower.
Now hot glue a pin back to the heart.
Easy Peasy!

3.  Flower Ribbon Belt

I used 1 1/2 inch grosgrain ribbon and 1 1/4 inch D-rings.  
Measure your self to decide how long you need your belt to be.  You will need to add
a couple of inches to attach the d-rings.  Melt the edges of your ribbon with a lighter or match.
Run your ribbon through the two d-rings and pin the ribbon back on itself.
SEE ABOVE PHOTO
I sewed a zig zag stitch several times next to my heart pin (in photo).  Don't stitch too close
to the rings because you are going to add your flower here.
Cut another piece of ribbon that is a couple of inches long (melt the edges).
Center the small ribbon on the back of your flower.  Hot glue one edge.  Now run the smaller ribbon through the loop of the belt with the d-rings (see photo).  Hot glue the other end of the smaller ribbon to the flower.

Oh, and I wouldn't wear the brooch and the belt at the same time.

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét