Thứ Tư, 9 tháng 2, 2011

More Hanukkah Crafting With Buttons!

  Hannukah Craft With Buttons
Hanukkah crafting with buttons is a great project for the whole family....okay in my family it was just mom in the wee hours of the morning, trying out an idea that had been kicking around since last year, but I kept imagining that my kids were doing it with me! (Does that count?) Using wire to weave the buttons together is quite simple and the wire is very forgiving— cut it here, cut it there, it still works wonderfully well. You can make little ornaments to hang where ever you please, to give as gifts, or to use a present toppers for that little added touch of handmade. And of course you don't have to go with the wire, you can also do button mosaics on cardboard silhouettes, which would be great for the very little ones.
Now I must admit I had dreams of some gorgeous etherial Chanukah photo which artfully presented these little button creations, but since that has yet to become reality, and time is of the essence right now, I present them to you as is. Do use your own imagination as to how wonderful they could be in your home!

Supplies: Buttons and wire. I used some gold jewelry making wire, but I had to weave it back through to add the necessary strength, so I'd recommend something easy enough to bend but not too thin....though on the other hand the the thin wire works well as far as weaving it through the holes multiple times....so two weights would be the best, but as usual just use what you have, if you have!
How To: There's no right way to go about weaving buttons together with wire, so just improvise! I would recommend twisting the buttons around once on themselves at the joints between the buttons where possible, this gives added strength....though it did result in the wire breaking a few times, so work with the wire a bit loosely so that you'll have extra room to twist. Enjoy!

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét